Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Kleenrz- Filthy (2012) Part 2

By month 2, I finally had something to show Kenny & Co. He was pretty pleased at what we had so far, so that was a hug relief, though, I figured we met the criteria he'd presented early on. Kenny wanted to add some title graphics, to make the whole piece look a little more like an infomercial. It can be tough to add elements like that at the last minute, as they can seem 'tacked on', but we did our best to make them work.



With these full animated pieces, there's always dozens or so of shots that just didn't come out well. You hope that ones that did will outnumber the glitches, but, this one was 50%. In this case, I usually find myself not able to watch my videos when I'm done with them.





Once the video was done, Kenny had me come up with a design for the LP cover. This can most times be much more fun than making the actual video. Plus we had a wealth of assets to pull from the video, so, we were almost half way down with the cover before we got started.




We had a few more items to finish up, and the LP was finally released. It was a blast to be involved in the video/Lp Art/ and promo materials for this, as, you get to manage all aspects of the creative direction. Once that's done, you juts hope the record does well to justify all of the hours. And from what I understand, the record did pretty well!

No comments: