Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Taco Bill

My family and I lived in Australia for a couple of years and this was mid-1970's, so, the place was literally like living on Mars. Aside from a few cross cultural items like surfing for my older brother, we didnt have a lot in common with our new home.

One thing we missed more than anything was Mexican Food, which was nowhere to be found until my dad came home one day and was excited to about a new spot he'd found called 'Taco Bill'. The ONLY Mexican restauraunt in the country at the time. It was a bout as exotic and finding a Burmese Cusine anywhere in the states. I remember the food being pretty good, but the salsa was embarassingly mild. My dad called it Ketchup with chilli powder. We were ultimately greatful, and even got to take home some iron-on's, which I still have.

No comments: