Friday, July 3, 2009

Territory Records

Though I think this might be my first actual 'food' entry on this blog, this spot had to be mentioned. Especially if you find yourself in the Downtown Los Angeles/ hip stronghold known as Silverlake. Territory Records has been around for a little over a month now, and is gathering a bit of good press.

A BBQ joint/record store seemed like a bit of a novelty at first, but a bite into the 'pulled pork sandwhich' (this is definetly not vegetarian fare) had me hooked. I purposely find myself driving by just to get a whiff of this stuff. Highly recommended.

The adjoining record store has a bit more work to. As a record buff from earliest memories, I'm a fan of musty rooms with endless crates of forgotten records. Huge dollar bins. This spot is more of a 'vinyl boutique' if you will. Sealed copies of classic records, that sort of a thing. Definetely worth taking a browse after a BBQ lunch.

534 N. Hoover St. (Bellevue Ave.)
Los Angeles, CA 90004
323-662-4100

No comments: