Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Chris Cunningham

This man is filed under my "why don't we see more stuff by him!!" file. Of all the perpetual crap that adorns our culture, it was nice to discover this man's video work. My first exposure was the 'Squarepusher' music video. Which still gives me that tingly feeling, like being on a first date. Truly amazing.

Initially he was brought on by David Fincher, then, Kubrick to develop designs and concepts for 'AI. Most know his video work for Aphex Twin and Bjork. There was a rumor flying around for a while that he was set to direct a film version of Ranxerox (I couldn't believe this news when I heard it), but apparently the film was scrapped after studios had concerns of the films "market viability".....

Anyways, the work from this man never ceases to amaze me. Lately he worked on a photo shoot for the hip magazine Vice. As far as I know, the last actual video he created was the short film 'Rubber Johnny". See below:

And while you're at it, if you're a fan of horror films, and I ain't talkin Lost Boys here, do check out "Let The Right One In"!

No comments: