Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wacky Packages 2

In the late 60's, early 70's, Topps, who was known for their baseball cards, would come up with gimmicks for off season. One of which were Wacky Packages, which ran for about 15 years, and, have just been reissued. They were sticker cards of send-ups of popular products and brands ( a precursor to Garbage Pail Kids).

The artwork was done by an assortment of illustrators at the time, including the likes of Art Speigelman, Bill Griffith, Kim Dietch and especially a big chunk of the Mad Magazine staff. During school, I was inspired to make my own set. So, for a final project, I made 4 of them. This being one of them:

During a trip to a local convention, I found a vendor selling whole, uncut sheets of these for $20 a sheet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great deal for $20 bucks. Check out my Wacky Packages Blog