Wednesday, September 26, 2007

The Latest Print

Traditionally, whenever I finish a project with somebody, I put together a 'cell/print' caricature of them. Sometimes the parties are ecstatic at the gesture, and sometimes, lets just say, their not too flattered.

The latest was for Lucas McFadden, known to the world as Cut Chemist. We did a video together starting way back in 05. I knew he was a Star Wars nut, so, I incorporated that into his print. The trouble is, I STILL haven't had a chance to deliver this to him, and it's been about 2 months.


Luke ready for battle.

The prints themselves are bit of a 'paint/print' hybrid in that you print the image digitally on a piece of acetate, and paint the back with animators opaque white (it took me months of trial and error to find a paint that would actually stick to the acetate). The result is a one of a kind 'animated cell' looking print. I've gotten some requests at making ones for friends, but, mostly, these serve as a nice gift.

James


** Hopefully soon, I'll have a gallery of the dozens or so prints I've made over the years, posted.

No comments: