Monday, September 10, 2012

They Live!

Possibly one of my favorite films of all time. This John Carpenter classic starred the immortally amazing Rowdy Roddy Piper as a mild mannered homeless construction worker, who through chance, stumbles upon a resistance movement that manufacture special sunglasses. These sunglasses allow you to see the world how it truly is. It's a black n white subliminal messaged landscape covered in messages like 'OBEY' and 'MARRY & REPRODUCE'.



An old friend actually worked on the movie and had bundles of the actual stickers used in the film. He gave me a bunch I truly covet these stickers, and once in a while,I find a die-hard fan whom I anoint with one of these (I even gave an OBEY one to Shepherd Fairey at a party, he pretty much lost his mind). Some of these were die-cut for the items they were specified for like a beer bottle, or, tuna can.





It also feature one of the greatest fight scenes ever filmed:

No comments: