Monday, May 18, 2009

16 Words (2007)


In August of 2007, I got a call from David Rosner, who I knew through a friend of a friend. It turns out he was not only a music industry veteran, but, also the husband of Margo Guryan. Margo had been a prominent vocalist in the 60's-70's, and, had some new tracks she was planning to release. One of which, "16 Words", was an ode to the now infamous 16 word speech George Bush gave:



We met up and talked about ideas. I had mentioned using Monty Python, collage,style images, to create a 'sideshow' of imagery relating to the lead up to war. They had wanted it to be real specific, but, I convinced them to be more subtle, and, have the imagery be open to interpretation.

The results were far from what I'd hoped, as, we had 4 weeks to complete it, but, the Rosners were happy with, and, even got positive feedback from Joe Wilson, whom was actually involved in the '16 Words' scandal.

James

No comments: